On 30.12.2018 I’ve kicked out all unused Plugins and installed the following new:
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Yada Wiki
WordPress Plugins Index
When I started with WordPress blogging, I was overwhelmed by the vast number of WordPress plugins. So I decided to share my list of WordPress plugins that I am using.
I’ve grouped the list into the following categories:
- Basic Plugins
- Security Plugins
- Social and Sharing Plugins
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Development Plugins
- Optional Plugins
- Tested, but not working Plugins
Better Notifications for WordPress
- Customize WordPress notification settings
Jetpack by WordPress.com
Jetpack is one of the most installed plugins of Worpress.com for own-hosted websites. It already provides a lot of useful features amongst:
- WordPress Single-Signon
- WordPress stats
- Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, Path, Google+, likes
- Spelling and grammar
Post automatically from hosted site to the WordPress.com.
(sorry, does not work yet on my installation, still trying…)
Statistics of site viewers with a lot of views:
- Visitors today/yesterday
- Visitor’s map
- Top pages
- Detects spam on Blog
- Preinstalled with WordPress
- Requires Akismet account connected to WordPress account
- Check for spam using email filters
- Optionally use external DB Tornevall
- Tool selection with Captcha
- Email sending password
- Backup to file, email, clouds, …
- Setup Blog such that it’s only available for registered users
Social and Sharing Plugins
- Write emails to blog’s users
This plugin provides a Facebook ‘like’ button to the posts/pages. It’s possible to configure the button style and placement. It requires a facebook app to be created on https://developers.facebook.com
This plugin provides a Google+ ‘like’ button to the posts/pages. It’s possible to configure the button style and placement.
WP To Twitter
Twitter crosspost for new/updated posts/pages etc.
Widget to show your most rescent Twitter tweets.
Search engine optimization (SEO)
Adds SEO functionality to the post/page edit screen:
- Check before pulishing
- Edit page meta information
- List SEO rating
Also shows a SEO rating on the admin title bar.
Google Analytics by Yoast
Connect to Google Analytics account and shows respective statistics.
Verify Bing Webmaster Tools
Provide meta data for Bing Webmaster.
It’s a nice plugin for the admin part of the site: you can configure ‘projects’, ‘task lists’ and ‘tasks’ to plan and track your activitites as the site owner.
Shows information on
- PHP/MySQL version
- Memory usage
- Object cache
Further Information (not a plugin)
WP Survey And Quiz Tool
Online quizzes/exams, surveys and polls.
< h2>Tested, but not working Plugins/deactivated
SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam
- Shows captcha on login, comments, reset password
- Did not show Captcha on Mozilla…
- Don’t need it, using notifications and email users plugin
- manage seperate list of email subscribers
- widget to subscribe to list
- Sends out confirmation email
- Don’t like (disturbing popup, trying to promote its user base): ReadyGraph integration, http://www.readygraph.com
- Login via Facebook
- Allowes users to setup their notifications
WP Captcha Bank
- Deinstalled because always wanted monaey, spam was still there
- Lite version: produces captcha on login and password reset
- Send email to verify
- Includes login statistics
- Print does not show pictures.
- Add print features to the blog