Maurya about Lean Canvas
Ash Maurya, the creator of Lean Canvas and his team is running a great blog giving a lot of information and dos and don’t: ask.leanstack.com
They are also providing online tools to e.g. create a lean canvas. I’ll test and explain later. If some of you have experiences (please comment below).
Some key ideas from his book/blog:
- Continuous innovation: It’s always been about customer pull –> link
- “speed of learning has become the new unfair advantage” –> link
- Common problems –> link
- Inertia kills innovation
- Execution of the plan is NOT the right measure of progress
- Few big bets
- Start with MVP and do experiments is just not good enough –> link
…think of the build/measure/learn loop as a fast idea validator or tester. While it can quickly sort good ideas from bad, it doesn’t necessarily help you turn a bad idea into a good idea, which begs the obvious question
- …do that by focusing on problems before solutions –> link
- Customer Factory Blueprint provides 7 key metrics to fulfill stakeholders’s needs for financial forecasts –> link
- Customer Forces Canvas to find better problems –> link
- Inertia represents obstacles and roadblocks that hold the customer back at the time of choosing a new solution.
- Friction occurs further down the road. Friction represents obstacles and roadblocks that get in the way during usage.
- LEAN Sprints, takes ideas from agile and design sprints, but focus in traction velocity rather than build velocity –> link